- How does it work?
- MyLawyer.ca takes care of finding you a competent lawyer. Your request will be processed in less than 24 hours.
- Our goal is to simplify access to the best lawyers at a low cost. We quickly put you in touch with a specialized lawyer who will answer all your questions via video call or by telephone.
- Simply book online on our calendar where you can choose the date and time that suits your schedule best.
- Do not worry about anything! The lawyer will contact you subsequently, according to the set time of appointment.
- Following your consultation, you will receive two invoices: one from MyLawyer.ca and one from your lawyer. The total sum is sixty dollars per hour, plus applicable service taxes.
Why two invoices?
- Our partner lawyers are autonomous professionals who support you through your legal process.
- MyLawyer.ca, on the other hand, is an essential intermediary between you and the lawyer.
- By taking care of administrative tasks, such as managing your appointments, billing and technical support, we allow the lawyer to fully devote himself to your cause.
- We are here to answer your questions, receive feedback and make sure your appointment takes place in the best possible conditions. The lawyer, as for him, listens to your problematic, studies your file and provides you with advice and expertise.
- Consequently, an invoice will be issued directly by the lawyer for the services he provided and a second invoice will be issued by MyLawyer.ca to cover the administrative expenses. The total cost amounts to $60 per hour.
Why an online lawyer?
- An online consultation significantly reduces the cost of your legal services. Moreover, this will saves you from having to go to a law firm, saving you both time and expenses. Finally, this setup allows a greater flexibility regarding your schedule.
Your hourly rate is relatively low compared to the competition. Why is that?
- Because our lawyers work through video or phone call, most work from home. This arrangement allows for more flexibility and eliminates many of the costs associated with in-person consultations, such as office expenses.
- This structure offers great advantages for you. In addition to getting reduced rates, you benefit from greaterschedule flexibility.
Is it possible to be referred to a lawyer who specializes in a specific field, such as family law?
- Yes it's possible! MyLawyer.ca is looking to make your experience enjoyable and effective. To do so, we put you in direct contact with a lawyer specializing in the field of expertise suitable to your requests.
- Our partner lawyers all have a field of expertise but can also respond to more general requests.
If I need to share confidential documents with my lawyer, how do I proceed?
- Some documents can be essential for your lawyer to ensure full and effective counseling.
- In such situations, two options are possible:
- You can scan your documents and email them directly to the lawyer we referred you to. The lawyer will ensure that your documents remain both confidential and secure.
- You can also arrange a face-to-face meeting with your lawyer to deliver the documents in person.
- In all cases, we will take care of facilitating this process by providing you with the necessary assistance so that these documents can be deliveredto your lawyer as quickly and as confidentially as possible.